Through the one year program, not only will the participants work to develop their marketing packages, including reels and/or pilot scripts; but will also take part in meetings with important contacts who can help provide great career opportunities. The goal of the initiative is to not only introduce the participants to those in hiring positions, but to open a dialogue with executives and help foster more opportunities for future work.
What to expect from the All Access program:
- Meeting the people who hire and learning in both direction
- Mock interviews with actual hiring professionals
- By end of year writers will have two polished pilots; directors will have solid reels
- End of year notes session on work from hiring professionals
- Men and Women who identify as having a disability eligible
Want to learn more? Watch the Q&A session held on February 17th…
Meet & Greet Meeting Week of March 15
There are no fees to apply or be a part of the initiatives.
Note that Blackmagic Collective members who apply will be considered first and you must be a member if selected. Membership is free. Click below to join!
HOW TO APPLY
Required materials for writers: TWO scripts that best show your writing skills and style. One must be at least 30 minutes or longer. The other can be a short film or webisode. Make sure your scripts are:
a) What you feel is your best work to date that,
b) Tell a full story
c) Represent what you’re passionate about as a writer
Required materials for directors: TWO links to a complete short and/or feature film that you feel best represent you as a director (no reels). We are most interested in you as a storyteller so please make sure the sample is:
a) What you feel is your best work to date that,
b) Tells the story well even if you had limited resources, and
c) Represents what you’re passionate about as a director.
Please watch this VIDEO if you have further questions as most of them were answered during this live Q&A.
2. ETIQUETTE – Respect your fellow selectees, BMC staff, and all guests of the program by being on time, being prepared, staying on topic with questions and shares, and participating in (but not dominating) sessions.
3. CHAMPIONS – all selectees are responsible for the success of this program. Each person is expected to help select and court his/her potential Champion, as well as helping fellow program members connect with their chosen Champion.
3. AMBASSADORSHIP – If selected, you are expected to be an ambassador for yourself and the program by attending online and outside events (when deemed safe) to not only connect with Champions, but to share all initiatives Blackmagic Collective offers.
4. 1ST MEETING– During the beginning of March (date tbd) you MUST attend the first program meeting. During this meeting, you will meet other selectees, hear from the BMC staff, learn more about the goals of the program, and assemble your profiles, which will be shared with upcoming guests and mentors. It is a good idea to get started on those now! (see #5 below)
5. PEER REVIEW – Though your profiles and branding may change due to the fluid nature of the program with experts coming in, you will also be partnered with other selectees for peer review and mentorship during the 1st meeting. These reviews will help prepare you for incoming speakers and expert reviews, and will consider the following:
• Personal brand and qualifying statement + bio
• Reel and short samples and/or scripts including original pilots
• Pitch – your personal pitch
• OPTIONAL: any directing project in development, website or other visual materials (i.e. pitch deck), or your BEST writing sample (*this is only applicable if you are a writer/director and expect to direct the sample you have)
6. END GOALS – By the end of the program, we want you to be on track to being hired to direct and/or write! Directors, you will have found or written a script you want to direct next (and be working on development materials, packaging, etc.), and have identified allies you plan to contact outside of the program. Writers, you will have your scripts honed and ready to pitch in any room. This program is meant to help you develop a road map, but you have to take action to get yourself there.
7. PROTOCOL REGARDING GUESTS/MENTORS – Selectees may not contact guests/mentors without their express permission. BMC will act as a liaison to all guests in terms of contacting them on your behalf. Should they consent to release contact information to program participants directly, we will forward that information to you. All contact information released is for you only and is not to be shared with anyone outside the program. Your actions are a reflection of this program and of BMC as a whole so please act professionally in any correspondence. Under no circumstances will you ask to shadow, or ask for work of any kind from, the contacts introduced to you by BMC. The program is designed to help you build and nurture relationships. If you have any concerns or questions, please ask!
8. COMMITMENT – Outside of the one hour meeting with the mentor each month, you decide how much time you want to invest into this program.
9. DISCLAIMERS – You must also agree to (1) these Submission Requirements and (2) all terms relating to the Program, which you should review and read in full. You must be at least 18 years of age and not a minor in the state or country of your residence at time of submission.
You must be the sole owner of all rights in and to the materials submitted to Blackmagic Collective (“Submission Materials”). The Submission Materials must not in any way infringe upon the copyright of any person or entity or, to the best of your knowledge in the exercise of reasonable prudence, constitute libel, defamation, invasion of privacy or a violation of any other rights of any third party.